Re: [gob-list] using GOB w/o GTK+ ?

From: Soeren Sandmann <sandmann_at_daimi.au.dk>
Date: 05 Jun 2000 17:05:40 +0200

Stefan Rieken <StefanRieken_at_softhome.net> writes:

> I'd like to write my program in C, but it should be OO from the ground
> up.
>
> My question is: can I use GOB to (also) create platform-independent
> objects, that do not require GTK+? So only as an object system, not
> dealing with the GUI.

The next version of GLib will include an object system that does not
depend on Gtk. You can use this object system to write object oriented
non GUI programs in C. You may want to look at the CVS version of GLib
- most of the new object system is already in place.

Gob does not support this object system currently - I don't know if it
will.