Re: [gob-list] using GOB w/o GTK+ ?

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 11:55:44 -0700

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 04:50:30PM +0200, Stefan Rieken wrote:
> My question is: can I use GOB to (also) create platform-independent
> objects, that do not require GTK+? So only as an object system, not
> dealing with the GUI.

Well you sort of can. You would still have to link with GTK+ however, which
might not be desirable.

There is going to be a GObject in glib 1.4, however gob does not yet support
that. From what I hear it does some things differently so it might not be
just a trivial renaming job. I think I will just rewrite large parts of GOB
and actually rework the syntax completely to make it nicely support GObject
stuff sometimes in the future.

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.