new version coming soon

From: Jiri Lebl <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:52:01 -0500

So it took a long time, but I've spent the whole day today fixing up the
waiting patches for gob. Anyway, instead of just making a release, I want to
make sure things work.

A TEST tarball release is at http://www.jirka.org/gob2-2.0.16-test.tar.gz

Let me know if it works or doesn't work. If it all does work, I'll make a
release in a few days.

See the NEWS file and ChangeLog to see what I did.

One thing of note is how I handled the function attributes. I erred on the
side of as little code change as possible and on the side of as little change
to syntax as possible. I took Britton's patch, and then I realized it would
not be easy to handle the syntax in that way (though it looked nicer).
Jean-Yves patch was more flexible but I didn't like the fact that it
introduced new syntax. So I opted to just handle it like onerror and
defreturn so that essentially no new looking syntax is created. So you do

public void
print (self, const char *format (check null), ...) attr {G_GNUC_PRINTF(2, 3)}

Somewhat uglier, yes, but more flexible and doesn't add new syntax, does not
touch the lexer, and is minimally code invasive.

Sorry about the long wait ...

Jiri

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>