Call order of parrent methods in __dispose() and __finalize()

From: Dmitri Toubelis <dmitri.toubelis_at_alkeron.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:08:39 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I noticed that implementation of __dispose() and __finalize() methods generated by GOB includes calls corresponding dispose() and finalize() methods of the parent BEFORE deallocating local objects. GObject specification states to call them AFTER local resources have been freed. In most cases that should not be an issue, but the fact that it is inconsistent with the specification makes me cautious. Is there any reason for this behavior?

Regards,
Dmitri