[Go to the Basic Analysis home page]
Basic Analysis: Introduction to Real Analysis: Adoption
Here is a very incomplete list of of classroom adoptions (other than by me),
where the book was/is used as the main text or one of the main texts.
This list is essentially only for Volume I.
Department-chosen standard book at:
Specific class use (very incomplete list):
- Prof. Jana Marikova, Western Illinois University, Spring 2010.
- Prof. Glen Pugh, Vancouver Island University, Math 370, Fall 2010.
- Prof. Frank Beatrous, University of Pittsburgh, Math 0420, Summer 2011. (standard book for Math 0413 and 0420)
- Prof. Paul Vojta, University of California at Berkeley, Math 104, Fall 2011.
- Prof. Justin Peters, Iowa State University, Math 414, Fall 2011.
- Prof. George Sparling, University of Pittsburgh, Math 0413, Spring 2012
(using the modified Pittsburgh version as above).
- Prof. Paul Brock, San Diego State University, Math 534A, Summer 2012.
- Prof. Sonmez Sahutoglu, University of Toledo, Math 4820, Fall 2012, 2015, Math 4830, Spring 2013, 2016.
- Prof. Bart Van Steirteghem, Medgar Evers College, CUNY, Math 311, Fall 2012.
- Prof. John M. Ham, St. John's University of Tanzania, MAT202, Fall 2012, Spring 2013.
- Prof. Gregg Waterman, Oregon Institute of Technology, Math 311, Winter 2013.
- Prof. James Wilson, Iowa State University, Math 414, Spring 2013.
- Prof. George Jennings, California State University Dominguez Hills, MAT 401 and MAT 403, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013.
- Prof. Joseph Johnson, Mary Baldwin College, Math 398, Fall 2013.
- Prof. Terrance Pendelton, Iowa State University, Math 414, Spring 2014.
- Profs. Evangeline P. Bautista and Debbie Verzosa, Ateneo De Manila University, Math 171, Fall 2014 (modified version).
- Prof. Tim Alderson, University of New Brunswick Saint John, Math 3713, Fall 2014.
- Prof. Kristopher Lee, Iowa State University, Math 414, Fall 2014.
- Prof. Bernard Lidický, Iowa State University, Math 201, Spring 2015.
- Prof. Lisa Oberbroeckling, Loyola University Maryland, MA421 Analysis I, Fall 2015, Fall 2016.
- Prof. Jim Brandt, Southern Utah University, Math 4400, Fall 2015.
- Prof. Andrew Greene, Manhattan College, Math 387, Spring 2016, Spring 2017.
- Prof. Francesco Strazzullo, Reinhardt University, MAT 410, Fall 2016.
- Prof. Anton Petrunin, Pennsylvania State University, MATH 312, Spring 2017.
- Prof. Faruk Uçar, Marmara University, Istanbul-Turkey, Analysis I and Analysis II, Spring 2017.
- Prof. Mehmet Celik, Texas A&M University - Commerce, Real Analysis I and II, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018, using both Volume I and II.
- Prof. Keith De'Bell, St. Francis Xavier University, MATH 366, Fall 2017.
- Prof. Mark Meilstrup, Southern Utah University, Math 4400, Fall 2017.
- Prof. Marcus Tressl, University of Manchester, Math 20111, 2017/2018 Semester 1.
- Prof. Matthew Zabka, Southwest Minnesota State University, Math 450, Spring 2018.
Nowadays with many courses not
having webpages (and using some course management software) it is hard for me
to find this information by googling every once in a while, so please let me know.
For a free textbook, it is good to have a "list of references" in lieu of a large
publisher being behind the book.
Let me know ()
if you have used or are using the book.