[Go to the Basic Analysis home page]
Basic Analysis: Introduction to Real Analysis: Adoption
Here is a very incomplete list of of classroom adoptions (other than by me),
where the book was/is used as the main text or one of the main texts.
This list is essentially only for Volume I.
Department-chosen standard book at:
Specific class use (very incomplete list):
- Prof. Jana Marikova, Western Illinois University, Spring 2010.
- Prof. Glen Pugh, Vancouver Island University, Math 370, Fall 2010.
- Prof. Frank Beatrous, University of Pittsburgh, Math 0420, Summer 2011. (standard book for Math 0413 and 0420)
- Prof. Paul Vojta, University of California at Berkeley, Math 104, Fall 2011.
- Prof. Justin Peters, Iowa State University, Math 414, Fall 2011.
- Prof. George Sparling, University of Pittsburgh, Math 0413, Spring 2012
(using the modified Pittsburgh version as above).
- Prof. Paul Brock, San Diego State University, Math 534A, Summer 2012.
- Prof. Sonmez Sahutoglu, University of Toledo, Math 4820, Fall 2012, 2015, Math 4830, Spring 2013, 2016.
- Prof. Bart Van Steirteghem, Medgar Evers College, CUNY, Math 311, Fall 2012.
- Prof. John M. Ham, St. John's University of Tanzania, MAT202, Fall 2012, Spring 2013.
- Prof. Gregg Waterman, Oregon Institute of Technology, Math 311, Winter 2013.
- Prof. James Wilson, Iowa State University, Math 414, Spring 2013.
- Prof. George Jennings, California State University Dominguez Hills, MAT 401 and MAT 403, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Fall 2013.
- Prof. Joseph Johnson, Mary Baldwin College, Math 398, Fall 2013.
- Prof. Terrance Pendelton, Iowa State University, Math 414, Spring 2014.
- Profs. Evangeline P. Bautista and Debbie Verzosa, Ateneo De Manila University, Math 171, Fall 2014 (modified version).
- Prof. Tim Alderson, University of New Brunswick Saint John, Math 3713, Fall 2014.
- Prof. Kristopher Lee, Iowa State University, Math 414, Fall 2014.
- Prof. Bernard Lidický, Iowa State University, Math 201, Spring 2015.
- Prof. Lisa Oberbroeckling, Loyola University Maryland, MA421 Analysis I, Fall 2015, Fall 2016.
- Prof. Jim Brandt, Southern Utah University, Math 4400, Fall 2015.
- Prof. Andrew Greene, Manhattan College, Math 387, Spring 2016, Spring 2017.
- Prof. Francesco Strazzullo, Reinhardt University, MAT 410, Fall 2016.
- Prof. Anton Petrunin, Pennsylvania State University, MATH 312, Spring 2017.
- Prof. Faruk Uçar, Marmara University, Istanbul-Turkey, Analysis I and Analysis II, Spring 2017.
- Prof. Mehmet Celik, Texas A&M University - Commerce, Real Analysis I and II, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018, using both Volume I and II.
- Prof. Keith De'Bell, St. Francis Xavier University, MATH 366, Fall 2017.
- Prof. Mark Meilstrup, Southern Utah University, Math 4400, Fall 2017.
- Prof. Marcus Tressl, University of Manchester, Math 20111, 2017/2018 Semester 1.
- Prof. Matthew Zabka, Southwest Minnesota State University, Math 450, Spring 2018.
- Prof. Harold P. Boas, Texas A&M University, Math 409, Spring 2018.
- Prof. Atilla Yılmaz, New York University, MATH-UA.0325, Spring 2018.
Nowadays with many courses not
having webpages (and using some course management software) it is hard for me
to find this information by googling every once in a while, so please let me know.
For a free textbook, it is good to have a "list of references" in lieu of a large
publisher being behind the book.
Let me know ()
if you have used or are using the book.