Re: [genius-list] interfacing with genius as inferior process

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:19:20 +0000

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 09:03:02AM +0100, Marco Maggi wrote:
> I am writing a Guile interface to the GNU Scientific
> Library. At present, to plot function graphs I spawn
> an inferior thread that runs a TCL/TK interface with
> the BLT TCL extension. This allows me to plot and to
> share vectors of coordinates by converting, at the
> C language level, GSL vectors to BLT vectors.
>
> In the long term I would like to use GNOME as
> function plotter. I wonder if Genius can be used
> like this.
>
> There should be no problems in making Guile spawn
> Genius as inferior process and interacting with it
> by faking a user interaction at the command prompt.

Currently this is not possible. The command line version is not linked with
plotting functionality and the GUI version currently has no interface for
controlling it externally (I was planning to do this, but so far didn't get
to it).

If you just need plotting by giving me a bunch of point values, I'm really
just using gtkextra for the plotting functionality, perhaps directly using
that is a better choice. Or using scigraphica, I think that was the original
purpose of scigraphica.

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that