Re: [genius-list] Change decimal separator

From: Jiri Lebl <jiri.lebl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:15:11 -0700

Hi,

There is no such setting, though you could change your keyboard
mapping so that the keypad comma sends a dot. I suppose how to do
this would depend on your distro/etc... Have not done that recently.

The problem with an option in genius is that it becomes a bit tricky.
For example, what would [2,3] mean? Would it be a 1x1 matrix with 2.3
or a 1x2 matrix with 2 and 3. So the separator for function arguments
and matrices would need to change. Then there is the problem of
genius sometimes parsing gel commands, and it would then need to know
the value of the option. So it would get very tricky to get it all
correctly. I have thought about this before, but it just becomes a
mess, that would inevitably lead to bugs, and probably some confusion
among users.

Jiri