ANNOUNCE: gob2 1.99.3 the "I'm too sexy for my gob, too sexy yeah ..." release

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:33:43 -0700

TSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSK!

Yay, there has yet again been some work on gob2. This time I think
it's getting ready for a 2.0.0 release. The only truly missing thing is
definition of interfaces, but I suppose that can wait.

So what is this gob thing? Well besides being the cure for cancer, it also
generates GTK+ objects, or GObjects. GOB is the version for GTK+ objects
and will work with both GTK+ 1.2 and GTK+ 2.0. GOB2 on the other hand
is what will in time replace GOB. It only requires GLib 2.0 and can
generate arbitrary GObjects. You can have both installed at the same time if
you wish, so that you don't have to port all your gob files to gob2 for now.

Here are the news in 1.99.3 (gob2):

        * Fix signal default value
        * Special case the interface code to allow implementing
          GTypePlugin and GtkEditable interfaces
        * Fix export of accessors (Dennis Bjorklund)
        * some compilation fixes

ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/gob/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/gob2/
http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html

There are RPMS available of the 1.0.12 version. RPMs of the gob2 are not
built, but the tarball includes a spec file, however I have not tested it.

Have fun,

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   A conference is a gathering of important people who singly can do