gob output directory

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 16:00:24 -0700

[replying to gob-list]

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 10:43:25AM -0800, Britton Kerin wrote:
> It might be nice if gob had a -o option to set the output directory. This
> would make implementation of Recursive Make Considered Harmful style build
> systems a bit more simple, and might have other applications as well.

Good idea.

It should actually be however possible to do this already, even if it is a
little hidden. Unless I'm wrong gob just writes the output to the current
directory, so you just need to change to a directory you want to create
output in. So

cd foo && gob ../blah.gob

Will create the output files for blah.gob in a subdirectory foo. Not as
pretty as gob -o foo blah.gob I suppose, but it should work.

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   Man will occasionally stumble over the truth,