Re: [gob-list] Support for C++ syntax?

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:55:54 -0600

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 12:01:44PM +0100, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
> The namespace syntax is supported if you use the --for-cpp command
> line option. The template syntax isn't. Supporting it properly would
> involve moving the handling of C/C++ types from the lexer to the
> parser, to be able to handle more complex types such as:
>
> A::B<C, D::E::F, G<H::I<J, K> > >

Perhaps supporting simple templates could be an easy option. I mean
the example above is something to be avoided anyway I guess.

There is always the possibility of putting syntax that gob hates into
a separate file to include. I know this is ugly, but even if support for
templates is done, then it would still require a new enough version
of gob.

George

PS: I know I have been kind of quiet on the submitted patches. Fear not,
they are in my mailbox and are waiting for me to integrate them / test them /
make a release.

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   You can't say civilization isn't advancing: in every war they kill you