Re: [genius-list] ANNOUNCE: GENIUS 0.7.1 the "The derivative" release

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:39:21 -0700

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 09:41:11AM +0900, Jan Morén wrote:
> On tor, 2004-08-19 at 17:10 -0700, George wrote:
> > To find out what Genius is, skip a few paragraphs down, or go to
> > http://www.jirka.org/genius.html
> >
> > In any case this release is a bunch of fixes and some minor changes. For
> > one we now have short documentation strings for all built-in functions.
> > Secondly the continuity and numerical derivative functions now actually work
> > instead of going into an infinite loop.
>
> Nice - but I wonder how to actually translate that? It seems to go
> through some SetHelp function in the Gel files, but the strings are
> never exposed to the Gettext system, it seems.

This is on my todo-list. Basically what I need is to have genius also
generate some files for gettext to pull from and then use gettext in both the
help displaying and the error functions. One thing that I want to do before
I do that is to have a nicer error reporting function so that the function
name can be generalized so that there are less strings to translate.

Something to do when I return from vacation :)

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans...