Re: Genius!

From: George <jirka_at_5z.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:29:04 -0700

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 01:41:57PM -0400, Noah Silva Mail wrote:
> I wanted to say that I saw your program mentioned on gnomedesktop.org, but
> otherwise I wouldn't have known about it... perhaps it needs more
> publicity so that maybe some colleges might use it for class? At the
> least, it would be nice if it was added to fedora.us or freshrpms, so
> people could more easily install it.

I dunno how one adds it to freshrpms ... though the standard rpm installs
simply enough. Perhaps I should talk to the freshrpms maintainers.

> The real reason I am writing this email though, is to make sure you know
> about this project, which is in some ways similar:
>
> http://maxima.sourceforge.net/

Maxima is more of a CAS while genius is more numerical in nature. Although I
wouldn't mind if genius at some point aquired some CAS capabilities. But I
think it is OK to have several differentprograms for different problems.

> Perhaps there can be some co-operation betwen the two where
> appropriate?...

George

--
George <jirka_at_5z.com>
   If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.